The lighthouse at the western end of the Suma Seaside Park is the oldest existing iron lighthouse built in the Osaka contract in 1867, connected by the British ambassador. In 1884, it was remodeled from a octagonal wooden structure to the current hexagonal steel frame, while the conventional three -layer structure remained.
Originally located at Cape Wada in Hyogo Ward, it was relocated and preserved in 1964 to the purpose of permanent preservation after the lights. In September 1998, it was registered as a national tangible cultural property (building).
It is also called the "red lighthouse" because of its bright red appearance, and is popular by local people. The light -up that produces a beautiful night landscape is one of the highlights.